We will strive to ensure that the personal information it manages in the conduct of its website membership business is protected.
To protect personal information, and assure individuals of this protection, this policy establishes procedures enabling our organiation to comply with the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Scope (to whom does this apply)
This policy addresses the protection of personal information of current and former members including: individuals, clubs, club roster members, volunteers, customers, various program participants and other individuals whose personal information is collected on our website and other sites associated with the various membership service offerings.
Policy Details, Interpretation & Administration
We collect and use Customer Information and Member information including: name, address, telephone number, email address, profile picture, gender, associated club, family members living in same household, head of household, membership ID, membership expiration, type of membership, membership status and other information from time to time for the following purposes:
- recording and determining the various services provided to our members generally;
- evaluating and re-evaluating the goods, services, needs and service benefits of existing and potential members;
- assessing and meeting the preferences and needs of our members;
- administration, billing, accounting and collection in relation to the goods and services provided to our members;
- protecting against fraud and error for our members;
- communicating with our members generally or to ensure member satisfaction;
- adding additional benefits/services to the sum of services already granted to current existing and potential members;
- working with sub-contractors (or other agents, intermediaries or third parties) during a contract or mandate for the performance of any of the purposes listed above or in providing additional services deemed necessary or beneficial to the existing members. For example: AFGA, Insurance Companies, Mail Chimp, Mark’s, Outdoor Adventurists, Outdoor Canada West, Wildlife Awards, Conservation Parties, and others;
- recording and maintaining membership records, awards, volunteer roles and hours, guest passes used, executive positions, or maintaining any other information necessary for establishing or managing the member’s beneficial relationship with our club;
This policy establishes procedures that reflect the principles in PIPEDA. In summary, the principles are:
- Accountability: Our Web Chair is responsible for our compliance with PIPEDA.
- Consent: We obtains individuals’ consent to collect, use and disclose personal information by requiring buyers and buyer agents to read and check that they agree to the Terms and Conditions provided at Check Out. These Terms and Conditions apply to all member types. Additionally, we provide methods for members to opt out of some program services that won’t affect their membership accounts (e.g. unsubscribing from various email communications, providing links to delete OutdoorAdventurists.com accounts, calling member admin to opt out of Magazine Subscriptions, etc.). We also provides links to Third-Party Terms and Conditions and Data Privacy Policies where they deem necessary as well as suggestions as to how they can distribute access to these to any parties affected.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: We use, disclose and retain personal information in accordance with consent obtained from Terms and Conditions on Check Out. We retain records for a period of 25 years for the purposes of analytics. Our member data collection began January 1, 2019.
- Accuracy: Our records are updated each time a member renews or throughout the year by formally requesting a change to our club Web Chair.
- Safeguards: Our site uses SSL, PayPal secure Payment Gateway, Secure Hosting security/backup/recovery services and strong admin password security services to help protect member data.
- Individual Access: We make personal information reasonably accessible to individuals. Each member has his/her own account dashboard to access his/her information. Member account credentials are sent to the Buyer or Buyer Agent upon purchase completion via email.
- Challenging Compliance: We have adopted a system (documented below) to facilitate inquiries and complaints of individuals made in writing to us with respect to compliance.
Purpose Notification and Consent: When personal information is collected, buyers and buyer agents are aware that this information is being collected during the purchase process. Consent is obtained when they select “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions” box on the final page at Check Out.
Designated Contact: The designated contact for written privacy concerns or complaints is our Web Chair to whom a formal letter can be mailed to using the mailing address we have provided on our Contact page.