The Indoor Range is available for recreational shooting to RDFG Members with Range Privileges. The Indoor Range has scheduled times for members to shoot their handguns or small bore rifles (.22 LR etc.). Members must have their own handguns as the range does not offer rentals or loaners. The range does have .22LR caliber rifles for use if required.
Ammunition types that are allowed are .22LR, .38 Special, 9mm Luger, .45 ACP, and .45 Colt etc.
Military surplus ammunition with a steel core such as .32 x 25 mm Tokarov is not permitted.
Members who are new to handgun shooting are welcome. It is recommended that new handgun shooters start with a .22 LR handgun until they become proficient before advancing to a larger handgun. The regular shooters are willing to pass on advice and shooting tips.
Junior air gun shooting programs are offered. If you have questions regarding this program, please check the Contact Page to locate your club Junior Shooter’s Chair for help.
We stock paper targets, Junior air rifles and .22 target rifles.
Red Deer Fish and Game Association has renewed the lease at the Indoor Range Facility for another year.
Progress is slowly being made to achieve certification of the Springbrook indoor range. An application to certify the range is being worked on to apply to the CFO. In the mean time the Indoor Range will be in operation and we encourage shooters to use the facility. Members are able to invite a guest to shoot or introduce them to the sport of shooting.
Indoor Range Rules
- Muzzle Control must be practiced at all times!
- Firearms are to be uncased only at a firing line when no one is down range.
- No firearm shall be loaded until on the firing line and the command range si open and fire when ready.
- All actions must be open with a safe chamber indicator inserted when firearms are not in use.
- appointed RSO shall be obeyed at all times.
- No one shall handle firearms or ammunition while people are down range.
- Clean up any mess, take down targets and pick up brass.
- no alcohol or drugs while at range.
- Obey all posted rules.
- Shooters must sign in with membership card.
Membership Purchase Support
We have purchase support available at the following fire-arm supply stores for those special circumstances where online purchase is impossible and the membership is urgently required.
- The Sportsmen’s Den in Red Deer
- Wolverine Guns & Tackle in Red Deer
Do consider, however, that an online purchases can be made:
- from your phone or computer with the help of a friend,
- by calling someone at the club more experienced in technology to do it for you, or
- by requesting that the Membership Chair place the order on your behalf.
In our efforts to reduce the error, loss and privacy vulnerabilities of using the old paper system, we ask that you put forth your best efforts to buy online.
Range Use for Members with Range Privileges Only
Please see our Membership Page for membership benefits, regulations and pricing. If you are a Member with Range Privileges, you are allowed to purchase up to four (4) Gun Range Guest Day passes for adult friends/family per year.
The Indoor Range is at 4230 58th St in Red Deer. It is located west of the Memorial Center in the rear of the Red Deer Public Schools Maintenance Building. The entrance door is in the rear with a parking area behind the building.
Access to Ranges
If you have questions regarding access to the Indoor Range, please check the Contact Page to locate your club Indoor Range Chair for help.
Handguns / Small Bores Rifles
Sunday Handguns / Small Bore Rifles
10:00 am – 12:00 noon – Arno Baron
Monday Handguns / Small Bore Rifles
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Chuck Ford
Tuesday Handguns / Small Bore Rifles
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Dave Golem
Wednesday Handguns / Small Bore Rifles
7:00 – 9:00 pm – Wayne Brown, Lyle Guthrie, Gary Rosenow
Thursday Handguns / Small Bore Rifles
10:00 am —12:00 noon – Arno Baron, Tiny Thesen
Thursday -Junior Shooters
6:00 – 9:00 pm – Coach Billi Jo McIlroy
Friday – Junior Shooters
7:00 pm —9:00 pm – Coach Billi Jo McIlroy
Range Safety Officers