Who We Are
The Red Deer Fish & Game Association is a volunteer-based, not-for-profit organization advocating the common interests of ethical hunters, anglers and outdoor enthusiasts dedicated to the responsible stewardship of Alberta’s environment; its diverse and fragile habitats and its precious wildlife.
Our aim is to pass on a healthy and vibrant Alberta to our youth that they can be proud to embrace.
Our membership continues to grow and is currently approximately 1300 strong. We continue to grow and continue to develop our facilities and programs to meet those growth needs.
We offer Youth, Regular and Family memberships (with options to include Range Privileges). We also offer Guest Passes for Ranges (sponsored by current members).
We serve all age groups and hope to continue to see our younger membership grow as it has the last few years.
We invite you to explore the wide range of programs and facilities we offer and the variety of memberships we have available.
Our Mission & Objectives
As with most Fish and Game clubs, we strive to do our best to preserve natural habitat and wildlife populations in Alberta as science and legislation determines. We promote hunting, fishing and environmental advocacy to that end.
- Promote conservation of our natural resources.
- Promote and assist in the sound long term management of Alberta’s fish and wildlife in the best interest of all Albertans including future generations.
- Insist on continued public ownership of all public lands and wildlife.
- Obtain and maintain access to public lands.
- Publicize the importance of fish and wildlife and proper resource management.
- Work with government, industry, and other organizations in local programs, supporting the enhancement, development and maintenance of habitat for all species of fish and wildlife and other natural resources.
- Promote outdoor ethics and safety.
- Promote awareness to Albertans of the dangers of all forms of pollution, to prevent it, and to co-operate with all groups sharing similar objectives.